A model for Teams in squeak-dev!

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Tue Feb 22 06:58:45 UTC 2005

> We currently have 4 running Teams:

> 	- File area, with Bruce O'Neel as team leader.
> 	- Box1 administration, Cees de Groot as team leader. (not much work
> here for the leader)
> 	- New web site, with Stephane Ducasse as team leader.
> 	- MinimalMorphic, with Cees de Groot as team leader.

Should we not have a standing team responsible for maintaining the base
image. By that I mean a team with the experience and discretion to quickly
integrate refactoring and changes that would be part of the base image:

e.g.
	1. Dan Ingalls recent one method change to speed up Date>>dayOfYear
	2. Updating the installed packages in the 3.8g to the latest on SqueakMap
	3. Updating the list of known MIME types to that in the Comanche package
	4. Discretion to finally add convenience methods like:
Collection>>detect:ifFound:ifNone:
		or AbstractString>>string

I always have a dozen or so small changes I file into a new image.

Some of then KCP team may be usefule here and I volunteer myself for any
role in such a team.

Brent