another balloon picture

ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca
Tue Feb 22 20:38:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am something of an excited lurker here but let me comment anyway.

I think Dan is very right. The actual 'implementation' of a new logo should be
preceded by a sort of basic 'analysis' and 'design' (even though I am a fan of
XP).
Start by formulation what you want the logo to express. Put it in a few words
before drawing: Openness, flexibility, adventure, innovation, pink plane/blue
plane, historical connotation, open community, power, human face, etc. Once
this is done, why not ask somebody with professional background in logo design
for advice on actual implementation and technical issues - simplicity,
reproducibility (printed version), sense of relatedness to earlier logos,
ability to survive evolution of design technology, etc. After all, you are all
great computer whizzes but how many of you are logo/trademark designers as
well?

I hope you don't mind my intrusion.

Ivan