Stefs roadmap for 3.9, time to get it nailed down

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 23 22:02:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:46:14 +0100, stéphane ducasse
<ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> this is in the first email of this thread.

Thanks - I missed the fact that Goran added that mail of yours as well.
Another reason to dislike anything that needs a scrollbar to show up, be
it an email or a Smalltalk method body ;).

Well, it's probably simpler and better backwards-compatible than what's
there now. It'll piss off users who have switched to SmalltalkImage,
etcetera, but so be it. I'm one of them, and I'm quite happy to convert if
the core gets better.

Still... it does leave this mess in Smalltalk. Oh well, maybe for later.
It doesn't hurt a lot, and we can start TFNR/PI'ing away at it and see
what comes out of that without breaking anyone's code.

I'd say do it ;)