Are bugs in older releases fixed in newer releases still bugs?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Feb 24 17:37:16 UTC 2005

I'm among the group that is trying to work on improving the harvesting
process.  One of the issues that occur to me is how to handle an issue
that is no longer an issue in the latest greatest update but is a
problem in the last update of a released version.

In other words let's say bug X is verifiable in a fully updated 3.7
image but has been fixed in an update for 3.9.  Is this issue 'fixed'?
Or does it need to be fixed in 3.7 to be truly fixed?

I realize that to some extent it depends on the issue.  But then who
decides what needs fixing in a released version and what doesn't?

Also at what point to a release become so old that no bug in that
release is worth worrying about?

Ken