p2p monticello - any takers?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Feb 26 22:11:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:05:02 +0100, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Yep, this sounds very cool.  Looking forward to the next post from
> Cees saying "ok, so I went ahead and implemented this, here it is..."

I'm almost there. I am currently testing a primitive Presence
implementation so stuff can be announced as being available on the
network. So you announce that a certain .mcz file is available, the bit
about searching and retrieving it is then relatively straightforward. I'm
probably going ugly on this and just hook the thing into the cache
repository - it's a spike, after all.

> (Note how I'm very carefully *not* offering to implement any of it ;).

Lazy guy, you ;-P

OBTW - the other thing I'm thinking about doing is Goran's idea of
developer events. A simple publish/subscribe mechanism and hook into the
new system change notification stuff, and when you press accept my image
beeps or something.