p2p monticello - any takers?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 21:05:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:13:39 +0100, Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> The idea is to write an MCRepository backend on top of this. You create a
> MCP2PRepository, point to a (shadow/cache) file storage area, and from
> that point on everything you put there is accessible by everyone else who
> has added an MCP2PRepository to his/her image.

Yep, this sounds very cool.  Looking forward to the next post from
Cees saying "ok, so I went ahead and implemented this, here it is..."

Cees, if you do come up with some spike solution to this and want to
test it with a few people, let me know.  I can play the "medium
latency: same country, different network" role.  (Note how I'm very
carefully *not* offering to implement any of it ;).

Avi