Jornada 720/Insufficient memory error [(partialy) solved]

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Jul 20 17:05:40 UTC 2005

  Petr,

> Sooo, I accidentaly found some WinCE VMs on the main Squeak ftp, I tried
> the one for HPC and it works. It is a bit older than your VMs and when
> it starts it doesn't ask for the memory which should be allocated.
> I think the problem with your VMs might be the setup dialog for the
> memory. When it appears, it writes "Set Memory Size:" and next to it is
> OK button and under this is "Main Memory Size:" and then a place where I
> can enter some number. I tried to write there 18, 18MB, 18m, and some
> other numbers, but it doesn't work. Or am I supposed to enter some other
> number in this dialog too?
> My CE memory distribution is 7288KB for data (1166KB free) and 25252KB
> for running programs (22320KB free)

  Try a number less than, say, 10 and see if it works.  If you enter a
number bigger than 12MB, I think it trys to allocate a backing store
area on the external memory card (or something).  If you don't have
the external memory card, it doesn't run.  (I think).

  Also, have you tried the 030206 version?  In a sense, that version
is much dumb so it should work with less pain^^;

-- Yoshiki