[REPORT] Report 1 from castaways (that name sucks...)

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Fri Mar 4 02:22:02 UTC 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 20:46, Lex Spoon wrote:

> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>>> 	2. Get a bug tracker going so that we can see what specific packages
>>> have open release-critical bugs in them.  Otherwise, the work in #1
>>> is
>>> much less useful, because we have no way to tell how stable different
>>> packages are.
>>
>> For the "official packages" and for the staked out partitions of the
>> image I simply think we should use Mantis just like we already do. We
>> already use it for the image and for some packages.
>

> Yes, but what about for other packages?  Mantis is not effective for
> them, because it does not target bugs at individual packages.  It has
> some notion of "projects", which might be usable, but not until
> something
> is done to make the list have an option for every package.
>
> Without a decent bug tracker, we can't do a great job of releasing
> stable sets of packages.

The Category pulldown can have whatever strings the Mantis manager
wants to place there.
If you go to project Squeak for example the following categories are
currently available:
Balloon3D
Celeste
Chronology
Compiler
Debugger
Etoys
IRC
Kernel
LanguageEditor
MVC
Morphic
Network
SARInstaller
SUnit
Scamper
Sound
VM
XML-Yaxo

So a bug report can be entered that has any one of these as its
category.  You can also filter the bug reports by category.

regards
Frank Caggiano
frankcag at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins