Using the latest HV (was Re: Squeak Map setup)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Nov 29 07:57:16 UTC 2005

Hi Jimmie and all!

Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin at cableone.net> wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > Hi Jimmie!
> >
> > I don't have time right now but will reply tomorrow with an extensive
> > instruction. :)
> >
> > regards, Göran
>
> Hello Göran,
>
> I greatly look forward to your instructions and appreciate your effort
> greatly.
>
> But, please don't rush on my account. Do so when the time is right for
> you. I am on no deadlines, nor am I compensating you as such. It is I
> that is being blessed by your efforts.

No problem <blush>. :)

> Maybe someday I can treat you to
> some of that stinky fish you told us about. :)

Hehe, well, honestly, I really would appreciate a beer more. :)
Surströmming is an "interesting" dish, and the Surströmming-parties
often are too (typically due to the relatively large intake of
supplimentary liquids), but I admit I am not a true lover.

> So, please my friend, at your convenience. No pressure from me.
>
> Jimmie

Here goes:

- Pick 3.7-5989-basic (or full I guess)

- Open and "update from the net" (upgrading SM to 2.1) and then "upgrade
all installed packages" to make it fresh. A good idea to save this as a
"fresh" 3.7 image. :)

- Install KomHttpServer using the loader. First DynamicBindings, then
KomServices, then KomHttpServer. (DynamicBindings-gk.1,
KomHttpServer-gk.6, KomServices-gk.2) Say no to the "older dependency"
crap (I need to fix that).

- Install FastSocketStream using the loader. The latest HV accidentally
patches KomHttpServer to use it so you need it. But it is better than
the old SocketStream in 3.7 so hey. :)

- Finally, using Monticello install the latest dev versions:
	HTML-gk.6, HV-gk.43 from my repo at: http://squeak.krampe.se

- Ready! Save image. Now you can play with HVHelloWorld as described in
their class comments. I just tried them and they work.

regards, Göran