[ANN] 3.9a6693++

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Oct 1 19:53:42 UTC 2005

Hi all

Some news from the harvesting battle front.
We have been harvesting (morphic splitters and a lot of stuff) and
avi and daniel fixing/enhancing MC to help us.

(script 1)
     morphic splitter
(script 2)
     deprecated + CurrentProjectRefactoring + collection tests
(script 3)
     explore label + print fixes + Network fixes+ starMorph +
SMloadder + double initialize
(script4)
     Removed dictionary fixes + Delay class comment + TTCFont speedup
+ menuMorph enh
     + handMorph cursor enh

We are not yet able to push a new image in the ftp but....

you can
     take 6693
     take MC 274
     then load ScriptLoader from squeakfoundation source
     and execute script 3 (I'm testing script4 right now)
     after a while you should get a popup with a list of methods but
no merge (no method in bold/underline)
     press merge, you will get some dirty packages but this is not a
problem (this is a MC bug).

I hope that avi and daniel will be able to fix the popup of useless
merge and the problem
with the dirty packages.

Ideally we would like to be able to manage the harvesting as much as
possible with MC:
we plan to have
     - "caches" image (just to avoid that you have all the process
all the files) we should be able to always
     reproduce these images taking a script and a previous cs image.
     - "cs" or "update stream" image, a cs image is an image that we
cannot reproduce only with MC, but requires
     the use of the udpate stream.

Stef