VMMaker don't work

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Sep 10 00:24:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 08:47:22PM -0300, marcelo Cortez wrote:
> hi all
>
>  into fresh image run vmmaker generate all and this
> error  occurs ( the first error there many errors)
> ,and compilation fail
> make: *** [Squeak.exe] Error 1
>  any ideas?
>   best regards
>    MDC
> squeak3.8 final
> tools and sources 3.7.1
I'm not sure where you got your sources--a tarball or the svn
repository--but, as I learned the hard way, just getting a current
image and tools and svn source doesn't get you anything easily
buildable at the moment.  Things are in transition between versions.

There were a couple of long threads involving this issue and myself
over the last couple of months.

As I say, I'm not sure if that's the issue you are running into, but
it seems possible.

The easy solution is to get a known good snapshot and use that.

Ross Boylan