Rich Text (RTF)

Martin Ruskov mapto at gmx.net
Sat Apr 15 06:39:17 UTC 2006

Martin Kuball wrote:
> Am Friday, 14. April 2006 17:18 schrieb Josh Gargus:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone written any rich text support for Squeak since the big
>> hoohah in 2003 (starting with http://thread.gmane.org/
>> gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general/27624/focus=27669)?
>>
>> I couldn't find anything in the list archives or on SqueakMap, but
>> it never hurts to ask.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>

> Don't know, but I wonder if support for the open document format would
> be a nice to have feature.
>
> Martin

Hello all,

I am actually just starting to implement a RTF parser, could use some
help :)
I've found the original RTF specs from MS. This is the link,
if you don't want to google it yourself:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ac57de32-17f0-4b46-9e4e-467ef9bc5540&displaylang=en
It's pretty good explained how they expect you to parse the stuff.
I've found some pages on undocumented RTF keywords,
but I don't really think it is worth bothering about these.

The thing is that I am new to Squeak and would need help
with the API. One thing is that I need some kind of tokenizer
to parse an RTF string. I cannot find a combination of
ReadStream and TextStream what I feel would be the thing I need.
Or is there some other standard/recommended way to do this in Squeak?
Could you help me on that?

Thanks!

Martin R. (another one)