namespaces

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Apr 24 19:42:32 UTC 2006

Hey Craig,

long time no see! I'm still keen to make use of visualizing object memory
(and perhaps run a contest :)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:48:12 +0200, you wrote:

> 	FYI, in Spoon[1], methods are transferred between systems without using
> class names at all. The Quoth application, for example, has many classes
> which don't have names to begin with (they have nil in the name slot).

Yes, I remember having read that somewhere sometime ago.

> 	One could, of course, group class objects in useful ways (somewhat like
> class categories); but there is no need for namespaces in the
> traditional sense in Spoon, because the name of each class is completely
> unconstrained.

Will come back to your approach once we can show a prototype. Then we can
exchange ideas+solutions using a running system (image's worth 1000k words
;)

/Klaus