Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Apr 26 15:24:01 UTC 2006

On 26.04.2006, at 16:58, Chris Becker wrote:

> Ah, so the "Underscore conversion in 3.9" thread doesn't refer to
> changes being incorporated into Squeak 3.9. OK, thank you for
> clearing that up for me Marcus.

Yes, it does. But there are multiple steps:

1) print _ as _
2) now the code in the image looks bad --> needs to be converted to :=

Both are planned for 3.9a. (that is, 1) is done, 2) not yet completed).

but then:

3) now that there is only := in the image, can we get rid of _ as an
assigment character?

This we have not yet discussed, and it is *not* planned for 3.9. And
it needs some thought,
because it brakes loading old code. So we would need tool support for
that.

       Marcus