The website points would be users of squeak to 3.9 RC1 7061 not 7067. How come?

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Dec 6 06:35:01 UTC 2006

Jerome Peace skrev:
> The first thing you see at: http://www.squeak.org/
>
> is
>
> Squeak
>
> News
>
> *	2006-09-08: Squeak 3.9 is announced.
> Congratulations. Download links and ftp archives are
> not yet updated.
> *	2006-09-07: Squeak Weekly News are back:
> http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/
> *	2006-05-26: 3.8 current download for MacOS has
> updated vm to Squeak 3.8.12beta4U.app.zip
> etc.
> -----
>
> Clicking on Squeak 3.9 starts the download to your
> system of the out of date Squeak 3.9 RC1 7061.

Thank you for the feedback.
I was sure I updated the links a while back... I'll fix it.
(Lame excuse: I think the website image was restarted a and we has not
snapshooted  resently)

> This seems to me wrong in two ways and dangerous.
>
> First it seems odd to me that clicking the news item
> starts the download rather than directing you to a
> download page.

You are right, I'll point to the download page.
> Secondly is seems odd and dangerous for any reputation
> squeak might want to build for itself that the main
> page of the website starts off with such old news.

This is true.
> I leave it to the board and the web team to work out
> policy and practice to correct this.

Time passes quick and news get out of date...
I'll try to keep it more up to date.
And I will kick the ball back to you :-) You are welcome to work with us.
Karl