Traits in 6724

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Sat Feb 18 14:56:12 UTC 2006

Hi Alex, Marcus, Adrian.

In what sense are you waiting, and who are you waiting for? if even you
won't load the TraitsOmniBrowser package and try it, then it will never
be ready for prime time. Nathanael recently tried it out and reported a
bug (actually in Traits), I fixed it.

The decision was made to not include the new traits browsers for the OB
in the image, and I'm not going to argue one way or another, since I
don't have a lot of time to support it. But if this means nobody will
install it and nobody will improve it, then yes, you better start
duplicating that work and making your own Traits development environment.

However, I would still recomm end doing it on OB and not on the old
browser, now that at least the OB itself is in 3.9a... in fact I
recommend making the OB the default browser in alpha images, otherwise
how will it ever get that extra testing?

Daniel