About squeak image compatibility (3.6/7/8)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jan 8 19:52:05 UTC 2006

On 8 janv. 06, at 20:35, Cees De Groot wrote:

> On 1/8/06, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene
>> So, why my reiterated mails and ideas about this are
>> ignorated ?
>
> They're not ignored. But the 3.9a project was a bit overwhelmed with
> getting an MC-based process off the ground, and after that with
> integrating some huge patches around the UI and Traits.
>
> And after that, it was time for a well-deserved holiday break, I
> think :-)

Indeed. I was naively thinking that january would be less crazy than
december
but I'm wrong. But I will try to find some time to relax and harvest
a bit.

> With that behind us, it is time to hunt for the next juicy bits, and
> shrinking the 3.9a image should be on that list. However, the unloaded
> packages *must* be adopted by someone who will keep them in sync with
> 3.9a development so we can build up a Full image when wanted, and as
> long as that isn't in place it would be unwise to just drop these
> packages...

True now edgar what we can do is to put in place the necessary
repackaging
so that we can unload and reload these packages. Do you have the code
for that?

Stef