The original Squeak release is available under APSL2.

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Fri May 26 16:04:07 UTC 2006

Hi Serge --

(mod) the copyright mess and copyright lawyers... yes, we have been careful
at Disney and then at HP to make sure that the code is put out free and
open source according to the Squeak licence and in agreement with these
companies.  So, in theory, it is. And, also in theory, it should be
relatively easy to deal with all the subsequent code.

Cheers,

Alan