Cyrillic on Linux? Please help.
almaslov at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 09:00:48 UTC 2006
Cannot make Squeak accept Cyrillic symbols under Linux (Ubuntu,
LANG=en_AU.UTF-8). Please help!!! :)
If it does not work we won't be able to continue using Squeak :(
Tried the following:
1. Installed ttfFontReaderRefactored from SqueakMap.
2. Installed RussianSupport from SqueakSource via Monticello.
3. Run the following code in the Workspace:
"sometimes squeak hangs when new fonts are being enabled - hope this make
doIt more safe."
"This will ask for font directory - point to location where your ttf files
reside. It also will suggest you to enable freshly installed fonts in
"This switches locale to Russian - wait a couple of seconds".
Locale switchToID: (LocaleID isoLanguage: 'ru').
4. Changed default font to Arial.
5. Trying to type something in Russian in newly opened Workspace window -
nothing happens, no symbol gets entered.
Thank you very much in advance.
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Cyrillic-on-Linux--Please-help.-tf2641665.html#a7373898
Sent from the Squeak - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Squeak-dev