Preparing a Squeak Image and VM for Production
sra at e8dev.com
Thu Nov 16 17:45:50 UTC 2006
We develop a Web application with Squeak that will soon go in production.
It's our first experience with Squeak, so we need advice before
installing the image on the production server.
We plan to use a headless 3.8 image on a debian Sarge server with a
- Any reason to use a 3.8 image -- like more stability?
- Any reason to use a 3.9 image -- like essential bug fixes? (we do not
- Do we need to strip or shrink the image (and if yes, how)?
- Or is it best to start from a small squeak image (and in that case
- Are there subtle performance tweaks, (made up example: closing all
windows in the image)?
- Is the squeak-vm_3.9.7-9_i386.deb VM package suitable for production?
More information about the Squeak-dev