[ANN] stable package universe for 3.9

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 18 18:33:45 UTC 2006

>From: "Ralph Johnson" <johnson at cs.uiuc.edu>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: Re: [ANN] stable package universe for 3.9
>Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:13:33 -0600
>
>>What else?
>>
>>-Lex
>
>There should be an image that does NOT have MC or SqueakMap in it, but
>does have the Universe browser.  There should be packages for MC and
>SqueakMap, of course.
>
>For newbies, the package universe makes much more sense than
>SqueakMap, since packages know dependencies.
>
>-Ralph

Forgive my ignorance, but does every new version of a given package have to
be republished in it's universe?  It sounded like that on the web page.  And
if I have a universe already is there something like "apt-get update" for
it?

In any event, it would be nice for seaside, pier and a few others to be on
there so those packages could get rid of their own scripts (to make
maintenance easier).