Removing Etoys, Morphic and other friends

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Oct 26 12:48:11 UTC 2006

Hi Giovanni,

on Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:39:50 +0200, you wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 26/10/2006 alle 06.33 +0200, Klaus D. Witzel ha scritto:
> From what I've understood, Pavel has split the 3.9 image in two: a
> Kernel image which contains the basic system and a RestOfSqueak that has
> everything else. But it seems to me that the RestOfSqueak is as
> monolithic as the standard image: you can't reload Morphic only without
>
> Pavel, am I correct?

And now that I've seen Pavel's corresponding response I think that I
understand better. Thank you for asking the clearing question.

> 	Giovanni

Concentrating on the remaining issue(s): why is it so important that
Morphic must be independent of Etoys, are they (have they) subclasses etc
of each other? Or are there political reasons for having such an
independence, or license reasons? Or what (perhaps elegance, perhaps
maintainability)?

If there isn't anybody suggesting that she/he will divide Morphic by
Etoys, starting with 3.9 and targeting for example 3.10 or 4.0, then
please treat these questions as 100%[tm] rhetoric, thank you.

/Klaus