argument of ifNotNil: must be a 0-argument block

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Sep 2 01:06:04 UTC 2006

Mathieu wrote:
>> Probably because whoever wrote this was blessfully unaware that this
>> message is never sent but inlined by the compiler.
>
> I think this is more beacause the right behavior is this.
> As Ken Causey said (old) compiler do it wrong.

No, the compiler got it exactly right. It was faithfully optimizing the
chosen definition of #ifNotNil: - whoever changed the definition "got it
wrong" since the definition should not be changed without also changing
the optimization in the compiler.

But what's *really* annoying to me is that this change went unnoticed.

Cheers,
   - Andreas