An 3.9 image for developers

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Fri Sep 15 14:11:31 UTC 2006

>> What I imagine is that you have all the necessary snapshots (instances
>> of MCSnapshot) in the development image already, you then only load
>> the necessary ones in the right order (that should be quite fast) and
>> then you throw away all those instances as they are not needed any
>> longer.
me too :)

> This is a good idea. But it only works for monticello packages, not
> for squeakmap.

Yes but most packages have a Monticello repository...

I added the creation of a new category in the preference browser. And at
the end of the installation, a preference browser open on that category
so that we can choose.

some other ideas:

- if we say no to seaside, maybe we should dismiss magritte and pier
(even they can work with morpf - I think there will be problems ;) ) ?
so maybe we need a kind of dependency var in Themes ?

- what if we do install twice or if we want to add seaside refusing it
the first time? we can also have a problem during the install. Can we
have a recover fonction in a certain way - like if already installed,
skip it (this could be useful in cas a problem occur for a package, like
I add with Magritte) ?

Cédrick

ps: ImageConfigurator>>allThmes  should have #squeaDevImage instead of
squeakDevImageConfigurator...  didn't commit it as I wasn't sure