[VMMaker] sqMemoryAccess.h: No such file or directory

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Sep 15 18:27:12 UTC 2006

I'm getting lost in the attributions of who said what here, so I'll
just try to explain without quoting.

VMMaker38b4 was built in a 3.8-6665 image and should not - and  so
far as I can see does not - have any 64 bit related changes. It most
certainly includes
ccgDeclareCForVar: aSymbolOrString

	^'int ', aSymbolOrString

Similarly the branch for the matching platform source on
www.squeakvm.org -
http://www.squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/VMM38b4/
appears to have no instances of 'sqInt' for example, so I feel
reasonably confident it is clean.

The missing getImageName() routine is in the platform tree for the
other platforms so it must simply be that Andreas hadn't had time to
update code at the point where the SVN branch was made. Either work
around is adequate pro tempore.

What really puzzles me is *why* you are attempting to build what
amounts to a 12 month or more out of date VM? From the relevant
emails I still have I can't see anything to suggest you tried the
latest VMMaker-3.8b6 and the latest SVN code. I'd be a touch
surprised if it really didn't work

tim
Programmer: One who is too lacking in people skills to be a software
engineer.