Balloon 3D

mmille10 at comcast.net mmille10 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 22:41:02 UTC 2007

DirectX started out inferior to OpenGL. I remember the days when DirectX first came out. Cards that fully supported OpenGL were high end and very expensive, several hundred dollars each. The DirectX cards were cheaper, more affordable to average consumers, but supported fewer features. I remember somebody (maybe ID Software?) came out with a library called MiniGL that could run accelerated 3D graphics using a subset of OpenGL on the more expensive DirectX cards. I have very little experience with developing for DirectX, OpenGL, etc. So I can't make an assessment about the superiority of the current versions.

---Mark
mmille10 at comcast.net