New Win32 VM (3.10.3)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jun 5 05:16:19 UTC 2007

Hi Folks -

[cc: v3dot10 for consideration of related fixes]

After a few more rounds of fixes and debugging (incl. the
unicodification of the drag and drop and async file primitives) we have
a shiny new 3.10.3 VM which should be usable for a more general audience:

http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.10.3-bin.zip
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.10.3-src.zip

I think this is a good candidate to get any pending fixes into 3.10 - I
have posted the list of required fixes to Mantis and would like to ask
the 3.10 team to consider those:

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6523
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6524
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6525
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6526

Those of you who have been using 3.10.1 or 3.10.2 please make sure you
upgrade to 3.10.3 - the prior versions had a fatal error in the
clipboard code which might cause VM crashes or other serious memory
corruptions (dumb mistake on my behalf). I have deleted these versions
from the servers and you should do the same.

Other than that: Enjoy!

Cheers,
   - Andreas