New Win32 VM [m17n testers needed]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jun 5 07:05:06 UTC 2007

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   The file path interpretation works on Japanese Windows (see the file
> name pane in the attached picture) by changing the
> fileNameConverterClass of JapaneseEnvironment.  However, I can't quite
> figure out to make keyboard input work...  It doesn't seem that I get
> meaningful values when the input is done via an IME.

Give this another shot with the 3.10.3 VM - one of the bugs I fixed was
the fact that we were delegating from a Unicode WndProcW to an Ansi
DefWindowProcA which would *completely* and mysteriously upset some
functions and not others (like changing the window title would always
fail because it implicitly sends a WM_SETTEXT message which we delegated
with Unicode input to the Ansi version of the handler...) I strongly
suspect that the IME translation gets into similar trouble if you
delegate from WndProcW to DefWindowProcA.

Cheers,
   - Andreas