Little change in rST (was: RemoteObjects, which version?)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Jun 6 06:48:20 UTC 2007

Hi!

"Esteban Lorenzano" <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is for Noury and Douai's team:
>
> I was playing a bit with last version of rST, trying to make it work with
> 3.10 (I'm working with Damien Cassou's image) and i found that the unique
> problem is in the transmission of bytes (it was an error in serialization:
> WriteStream does not works with non-character elements).  Therefore, I
> changed SocketStream for FastSocketStream and everything works fine... all
> tests runs without error, and samples too.
> Is it possible to put this change in SqueakSource?

I am not sure I understand - 3.10 already has FastSocketStream AFAIK
(the class SocketStream was replaced with the implementation of
FastSocketStream in 3.9 - but it is still called SocketStream).

Or are you saying that rST has the class SocketStream (the old one)
included in it? That sounds odd.

regards, Göran