[ANN] AIDA/Web app server 5.4 beta released on Squeak

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 19:18:44 UTC 2007

I don't know why this needs to be a fight.  A new framework coming into town isn't a threat (you only lose people who were looking for somewhere else to go anyway), and the current "champ" or whatever isn't a threat to the "new kid in town".A lot of people care about REST and all that, I'm sure they will be drawn to a framework that values it.  Of course seaside can do REST if you want to, just as I bet AIDA can do the back button.> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:46:18 +0200> From: janko.mivsek at eranova.si> To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> Subject: Re: [ANN] AIDA/Web app server 5.4 beta released on Squeak> > Lukas Renggli wrote:> >> Seaside is designed from start for that 1% but web reality is that you> >> need to support other 99% well too and here it seems that Seaside is not> >> able to follow, probably because of design which lies on continuations> >> too much.> > > > Janko, please stop talking about things you do not have the faintest > > idea about.> > > > Lukas, I was asked and I provided an answer. Which is my opinion based > on observation, checking some examples and experiences from others.> > And you obviously don't have a faintest idea about Aida, right?> > Janko> > > -- > Janko Mivšek> AIDA/Web> Smalltalk Web Application Server> http://www.aidaweb.si>