Traits for a Thesis?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:24:04 UTC 2007

2007/6/25, Hernan Wilkinson <hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com>:
> Hi Stef,
>  isn't it there a work about that? I thought somebody did it...
>  Are you suggesting rewrite the Collection hierarchy (keeping the same
> abstractions with the same protocol) or are you suggesting creating a brand
> new set of classes? (I think both are good for a thesis...)

Nathanael Scharli did the work:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/cgi-bin/scgbib.cgi?query=nathanael+applying+traits+to+the+collection+hierarchy+oopsla.

However, it's only a refactoring. What would be more interesting is a
complete rewrite keeping a compatible interface (as I did with Nile).
You may want to have a look at the Smalltalk ANSI standard.

--
Damien Cassou