DEADLINE for Squeak contributor agreements: 1 May 2007

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Tue Mar 27 13:59:25 UTC 2007

Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org> writes:
> Craig wrote...
>
> >     I can easily do that. So far I've held off because some people
> >thought showing the number of contributions each person has made would
> >result in hurt feelings.
>
> Possibly, and certainly in the bulk of the system it's frequently
> the case that the person who *really* wrote the method has been
> overwritten by someone who may have done nothing more than reformat
> it, so what is provided by this tally is closer to misinformation
> than information.

Both pieces of information are important.  If I am not mistaken, the
guys doing the license change have a list of all method *versions*,
and thus can find all methods that each person contributed to, not
just the last person who touched each method.

Without such information, it is hard to figure out who people are from
their initials.  For lot of the names I recognize, I do not know the
initials.

I agree the number is not so important to post.  However, the list of
methods seems pretty innocuous.  Would anyone have their feelings hurt
by having the list of Squeak methods they have hacked be posted?

Lex