DEADLINE for Squeak contributor agreements: 1 May 2007

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Tue Mar 27 14:02:54 UTC 2007

Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> writes:
> > Some of the names on [the initials-without-names and
> > initials-and-names-without-email-addresses lists] leave me sad.  We
> > have had many people contribute, and apparently some of them are just
> > unknown to the current community.
> >
> > Anyway, please do not make major removals without making a second
> > round of efforts to find these people.
>
>      Ha! We're on the nth round already... but yes, I have no intention
> of giving up on anyone, alive or dead.

[...]

>      We've already done much more than a little sleuthing, for several
> months. And when I say "we", I'm referring to dozens of members of the
> community.

At least one of them is prominent on Google.  Also, FWIW, this thread
is the first I heard about a missing-people list and a deadline.  If
you made an early call for help in finding people, it did not
circulate very far.

Anyway, it's a clear sign that the community has new people in it, and
that the new folks don't even know who a lot of the older folks are.
I am not used to thinking of Squeak as being that old!

Lex Spoon