[squeak-dev] Squeak-dev default browser

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:13:37 UTC 2008

Hi Matthew,

I know that some readers of Squeak By Example have problems with my
squeak-dev images. However, I'm unsure about what to put as a default.
I would like to put the most powerful and updated tools on Squeak and
make them default. If I don't do it, then we will never change our
habits.

In Squeak By Example, I think we were not clear enough about the base
image we chose. Some authors used squeak-dev and others stock Squeak.

What I can do is create a squeak-dev image based on 3.9 and with the
standard browser as the default. I won't update that image so that
beginners don't get confused.

Could you please add the comment you have written inside the
'construction - documentation' category of the DEVImageCreator class?
You have write access to the repository, as everyone else.

I'm very open to discussion on this topic.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good