[squeak-dev] GStreamer

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Aug 13 06:01:20 UTC 2008

  Hello, Josh and John and list,

  I'm playing with the GStreamer stuff on Fedora.  With the latest
stuff, and some changes (attached), I managed to play a .ogg file that
*only* has video track.  But there are a few questions:

  * I needed to use the subclasses of GstElemFakeSink to play back,
    assuming that GStreamerElementForSqueak... are being obsoleted.
    Is it right?

  * #checkDimension is only sent but not implemented.  I assumed that
     it wants to check whether the dimension of video is sane, and I
     thought that "sane-ness" is just checking both width and height
     are bigger than zero.  Is it right?

  * #openFile: was written under the assumption that .ogg file is
     either "video and audio" or "audio only" but I have a file that
     is "video only".  If I open a video only file with older
     definition, it basically forever paused and wait until it is
     ready and doesn't play it back.  #openFile: should check the type
     of tracks and call a proper #oggHookupToSqueak... method.  But is
     there a simple way to query it when I have the filesrc element?

  Thank you!

-- Yoshiki

People are often on vacation around this time of year, so have
fun... but at your convenient time, please think about Squeak stuff^^;