[squeak-dev] Producing alpha images

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Dec 10 11:19:51 UTC 2008

Andreas Raab wrote:
> 3.11 has lost *all* visibility to me. I didn't know whether it had even
> started because there was nothing on the server, there were no
> announcements on this list, so how would people know?

IMHO this has more to do with our current board and its lack of...
communication. Sure, I just skimmed meeting notes posted and AFAICT
there was a motion back in july:

"Motion: Spoon will be basis of a R4 and 3.x will continue as planned in
3.11 proposal as long as people want to maintain it. (Passed unanimously) "

...but I can't say that the community is very AWARE of this and what it
means. So either the team is to "blame" for not speaking up or the board
is to blame for not showing the official support. I guess it is a combo.

Let me also YET AGAIN point to the team table on squeak.org:

	http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/

If things were operating functionally there would be a release team
listed with Matthew Fulmer (or is it Keith? Please correct me because I
can't seem to find that info) as team leader. Can't see it.

I do see lots of other teams still listed that are DEAD. I mean, 3.9
with Stephane as team leader? Silly. There are also coordinators listed
that are not even on the board!

It seems I have pointed this out a THOUSAND times and nothing is
happening. If the board totally ignores this table then for god sake -
delete it.

regards, Göran