[3.9.1] please check

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 10:02:25 UTC 2008

Well, ultimately the people using 3.9 (which I'm not) should decide
whether to throw out OB or not. I'm just pointing out that for a
*maintenance* release, the removal of large chunks of code where nobody
knows what may depend on it is generally considered a complete no-no.
These kinds of issues should be decided when the release is originally
made (and I'll bite my tongue here not making any sarcastic comments
about the fact that I had argued against the inclusion of OB in the 3.9
release in the first place).

FWIW, I think Giovanni's proposal would be preferable to having an old
version of OB in 3.9.0 and none in 3.9.1.

Cheers,
   - Andreas