who uploaded PostgresV2-pf.7 to squeaksource?

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Jan 7 12:24:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 16:51 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> The initials "pf" aren't registered. :(
>
> I need to know if more maintenance is planned, or if I can just take over... I
> found a problem with the types returned in the current protocol.

I changed the code to be able to configure the client encoding
between squeak and postgres (side effects are in execute: and
in the field converters). This has to be configured externally
(external to PGConnection). But I don't like the approach like
it is. In my working copy I defaulted the client encoding to
utf-8 (in PGConnection>>startUp. The change is attached) to make
my life easier. Having  some negotation between the driver and the
database, e.g. to set the client encoding would be useful.

Norbert