Promoting Squeak/Smalltalk

David Zmick dz0004455 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:24:09 UTC 2008

i agree, but i also think that we should develop client applications, not
just the language. For example in "Squeak By Example" you make quinto, and
the rest is about developing, you dont really make anything, just learn how
to make the language better.  In my java book, there are at least 20
applications you write.  My point is, i think smalltalk should be used for
application development instead of just developing smalltalk.  It seems
pointless to me to develop a language so that people can continue to develop
the language, its like an infinite loop.  Thats what i see.