[squeak-dev] Prepare for Thousands of Cores --- oh my Chip - it's full of cores!

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Jul 5 20:00:28 UTC 2008

I am sorry to keep repeating myself, but we will be ready before they
are. See this old picture of a Smalltalk machine with 1024 processors:

http://cva.stanford.edu/projects/j-machine/

Intel and Microsoft may have forgotten these lessons, but some of us
haven't. And having them cough up $20M for a joint research project in
multi-core software doesn't impress me very much. I bet just the coffee
budget at either of these companies is a lot larger than that.

-- Jecel