[squeak-dev] Technology choice for the next generation of www.squeak.org and friends

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jul 18 07:56:39 UTC 2008

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Brad> When I read this, I thought to myself "what?" The board is going to
> Brad> decide? Hmmm...
>
> Brad> I'm on the website team, and I don't even think we should decide
> Brad> either! My suggestion is that we should put it up to everyone here on
> Brad> the list, just like everything else. If you're not interested, that's
> Brad> ok.  If there is some disagreement, great! If there is a tie, then
> Brad> maybe the board should break it. But I, for one, would like the
> Brad> community to decide after discussion.

> OK, the discussion has been ongoing for four months.  Nothing came of it,
> except for another recent burst of activity that looked like a step in the
> right direction, and then died again.

Speaking as webteam leader: this is not true, I set the end of July of a
date for proposals to be prepared and decision to be made. You just
repeated the same date and the same goal. Also, there is not yet end of
month and activities are indeed on the way.

And I agree with Brad's comments, our and the Leadership first
conclusion was that webteam decides first, then propose it to the
community, while Leadership step up only if agreement wouldn't be reached.

But on the other side a bit push from the Leadership never hurt :)

Best regards
Janko Mivšek