[squeak-dev] Re: Smalltalk customers

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:21:15 UTC 2008

I know from job postings and friends:

Florida Power and Light uses Smalltalk (Gemstone)
Kansas City Power and Light uses Smalltalk

Most big companies don't tell you what they use. Competitive advantage
and security are the two most common reasons.

I use it in my day job at Embarq telephone. I have a small Squeak
Seaside app that talks to a MySQL database (we don't own that). It
gets my team the reports they need and sidesteps the slow process of
working with IT or external consultants. Definitely not part of the IT
machine.