[squeak-dev] SqueakMap is a "Showroom"

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 15:42:23 UTC 2008

> I'm not sure I understand, is this deliberately ignoring all
> integration problems ?

No, I am saying use Monticello for handling integration problems.  If
you load one multipackage software system (MPSS) from SqueakMap and
another different MPSS has a earlier version of one of the same
prerequisites, you open up a Monticello browser, load the specific one
you want, run the test cases, etc.

If these two MPSS's really have a purpose together in the same image
then you are developing yet a new MPSS based on these other two.
Monticello is the appropriate tool for assisting with that integration
(not SqueakMap).

Once you've got them together you can easily post your own *new* MPSS
to SqueakMap which combines the function of the other two.

> What if you need two packages from separate developers, they have to
> agree on what they include on each side ?

Not at all.  You cherry-pick what YOU need from each for your stuff.