[squeak-dev] MC bugs in 3.10

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:20:19 UTC 2008

<http://www.squeaksource.com/mc.html>

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Michael van der Gulik
> <mikevdg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> >  I'm trying to release a package that will load into 3.10. However, it
> won't work because:
> >
> >  - I've changed instance variables PluggableTreeSpec in the
> ToolBuilder-Kernel package available from the Universes browser. The MC that
> is packaged with 3.10 does not properly recompile the code, so bytecodes
> in methods are now referring to the wrong instance variables.
> >
> >  - So I try adding a postscript to the package to recompile that class.
> In the Monticello UI, I click on Scripts -> edit postscript, and I get a
> DNU.
> >
> >  Are these known bugs?
>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> You may want to try with MC1.5 http://www.squeaksource.com/mc.html

I did try MC 1.5 - there's still an issue with not recompiling the code
properly.

For now, I've given up. I have a working image, and I want to get my own
projects moving forward rather than fix other people's bugs.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/