[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Mar 26 22:54:23 UTC 2008

Bruce Badger wrote:
> On 26/03/2008, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
>> I'd like to kindly ask everyone to refrain from further commenting in
>>  public until some of us original authors and later contributors like
>>  Bruce in private come to agreement. Any public debate in strong tones at
>>  that time wont contribute to successful end of our negotiations. Please
>>  help us that way.
>
> Janko, this seems to suggest that you feel that there is some doubt
> about the fact that Swazoo is licensed under the LGPL.
>
> Could you please make a clear statement on this?  Do you, or do you
> not accept that Swazoo is under the LGPL and has been since the
> inception of the project?

Bruce, I just read a mail from Ken Treis that he and others decided on
LGPL already on Camp Smalltalk 2000 while I was busy working on code and
didn't follow a debate. If I would I would agree then too on LGPL.

So this is now clear, Swazoo is LGPL from start until now.

That I didn't make this statement before is only because I didn't want
to make such statement alone, without hearing others first. As you know
one such solistic action already made much of that thread :)

Best regards
JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek