[squeak-dev]( picoVerse-:( ? No loose methods in Squeak Packages/Projects/Maps/Montecello ? ) )

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:23:17 UTC 2008

"Loose methods" are what Monticello calls Extensions. Very easy to do
version control on in Monticello by following the naming conventions.

Just make sure the name of the protocol for the method begins with a
star and matches the name of your package.

If your package is named YourPackageName, then you have to use the
*YourPackageName protocol for the loose method.

In the fileout, your example would look like:

Object methodsFor: '*YourPackageName' stamp: 'yourInitials 1/1/2008 15:05'!
asGenerator

Monticello integrates so closely with the browser through naming
conventions that it doesn't feel like a separate tool.