[squeak-dev] Re: problem face with plugin

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 9 08:09:56 UTC 2008

Am 09.10.2008 um 00:45 schrieb Yoshiki Ohshima:

>> I've try as suggested, but the plugin still giving wrong answer.
>> Meantime, I
>> tried to change all data type into double, turn up the VM crashed.
>> What are
>> the possible errors, and why the VM crashed when I change data
>> representation into double?
>>
>> Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks
>
>  What are bVector and xVector?  What class(es) are they?  If they are
> FloatArrays changing the types to double is not a right thing.
> What does loadArgumentVector: do?
>
>  Ah, but the problem seems that you are missing the type declaration
> of ratio and temp in solveGauss:with:into:.  Upon the assignments to
> them in C, the values will be truncated.

The thing to keep in mind is that Slang is simply C written in
Smalltalkish syntax. This is rather confusing at first, so take a good
look at the generated C code and try to make sense of it. You do have
to ensure all your type declarations make sense to the C compiler,
etc. There is no magic about this, it's straight-forward C.

- Bert -