[squeak-dev] leadership team meeting notes for 2008-10-15
craig at netjam.org
Wed Oct 15 19:02:32 UTC 2008
- Full attendance: Bert, Craig, Edgar, Giovanni, Igor, Randal, and
- Randal reports that the web team is running smoothly.
Congratulations to all!
- Craig said he's writing a Naiad (Spoon module system) design
overview, and will post it to the squeak-dev and spoon mailing
lists. He's been writing it for a day, and is about half done.
- Yoshiki says he's created an EToys 4.0 image, based on Squeak 3.8,
which is license-clean. We decided to use a similar process to
create Squeak 4 from Squeak 3.11 (and whatever other license-clean
changes the 3.11 release team wants to include). Yoshiki will
consult with them about ensuring license-cleanliness. Randal will
coordinate with the release team and report on their progress.
- We decided in principle to have two board-appointed release teams
working at any given moment: one producing the next release (I'll
call it "one-ahead"), and one producing the release after that
("two-ahead"). We decided that Spoon is the two-ahead release now,
or Squeak 5. Craig is leading the two-ahead team, and will add
people to it when Naiad can support their work.
- The next meeting will be 2008-11-19 due to schedule conflicts.
Please send agenda suggestions to me.
More information about the Squeak-dev