[squeak-dev] releasing apps.

Mon Oct 27 14:52:44 UTC 2008

On Windows, we use NSIS as the installer, on the Mac we use Package
Maker.

This is after having saved our image in what we call 'fast start' with
Sophie already running.  granted, this took a lot of engineering time
to get down properly due to making sure you could save a running app
on the Mac and make sure things were cleaned up when the image was
opened on windows (font sets, etc)

We could not just auto start the app on image open due to performance
issues.

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
http://developer.apple.com/