[squeak-dev] Looking for HostWindowPlugin usage code

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 21:00:06 UTC 2008

2008/9/14 John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>:
> The deal with tweak was that when we looked at it four years ago when Tim
> and I were building Areithfa Ffenestri.
> We found that it used instance variables to hold onto the Display and the
> Sensor.
> Lurking somewhere is a change set that ensured a new Window was setup with
> Areithfa Ffenestri and hooked into the
> newly created Tweak World, then the EventSensor polling loop would dispatch
> the incoming event to the proper Tweak World based on the window index that
> is on each event (if the VM supports it).
>
> Thus Tweak would poll it's instance based event queue, and dispatch incoming
> events, and when drawing was required it would resolve drawing to the
> instance variable
> that pointed to the proper window index, thus allowing drawing in individual
> windows based on the the Tweak World.
>
> However I think Michael has build more on this model for iSqueak

Thanks for details.
I think that same could be applied to morphic without much pain.
The point why i asking, i want to try to completely replace core VM
functionality with HostWindow plugin. To make all stuff concerning
windowing / display will be governed by HostWindowPlugin.

Btw, I can't find the platform sources for unix port. Is they exist or not?